HJWC Logo

DGJWC History & Organization

The Downers Grove Junior Woman’s Club held its first meeting in 1959 on the second floor of a Park District building that was at Fairview and Maple Avenues, where Hummer Park is now located. Our first fund-raiser was a “style show” and our first service project was a “reading hour” at the public library.

In 2009 we celebrated our 50th Anniversary, ladies of the Downers Grove Junior Woman's Club hosted a luncheon to commemorate the club's 50th Anniversary and honor Juniors past, present and future.